Squarespace supports most desktop web browsers for viewing a site and editing a site, and Chrome and Safari browsers for viewing sites on mobile devices.
Our system works with the advanced browser technology used in the most recent versions of our supported browsers to deliver the best editing experience. For these reasons, we aren't able to maintain backwards compatibility with all older browser versions.
Note: Beta versions of browsers aren't supported.
We support the most recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari for editing your site and the most recent versions of Chrome Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer for viewing your site. The more recent your browser, the better experience you and your visitors will have. You can check if your browser is up to date with our Browse Freely tool.
- Chrome and Firefox are supported for PC, Mac, and Linux.
- Safari is only supported for Mac.
- Internet Explorer is only supported for PC.
- Your version of Safari and Internet Explorer depends on your device's operating system.
Minimum Requirements for Editing
The following settings must be enabled on browsers used for editing:
- Cookies - Must be enabled for login access.
Browser Window Resolutions
We support two browser window resolutions:
- 1280px × 800px - The native resolution of a 13'' Macbook Pro
- 1366px × 768px - The native resolution of an 11'' Macbook Air
On Mobile Devices
You can view your site using the Chrome mobile browser on Android devices and the Safari mobile browser on iOS. Since mobile devices work differently than desktop computers, it isn't possible to edit your site from a mobile browser. To edit and manage certain aspects of your site from a mobile device, like Blog Pages and Gallery Pages, you can use our apps.
- iOS - Squarespace supports iOS8 and the previous three versions for both iPhones and iPads. Check your iOS version.
- Android - Squarespace supports the Chrome browser on devices running Jelly Bean 4.1 or higher. Many Android devices use a non-Chrome browser by default. Browsers other than Chrome aren't supported for viewing your site. You can find out which version of Android you're using by visiting Check your Android version.