Most modern web browsers are supported when visiting or editing a site designed in Squarespace 7.
Editing your site on Squarespace 7 requires advanced browser technology typically provided in the most recent versions. Our system is designed to take advantage of the new features these programs provide, as we intend to deliver the best editing experience.
Note: Beta versions of browsers aren't supported.
We support the most recent versions of Chrome, Firefox and Safari for editing your site. We support the most recent versions of Chrome Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer for viewing your site. The more recent your browser, the better experience you and your visitors will have.
Note: Chrome and Firefox are supported for PC, Mac, and Linux. You can find system requirements for Chrome here and for Firefox here. Safari is only supported for Mac, and Internet Explorer is only supported for PC.
Browser Window Resolutions
We support two browser window resolutions for Squarespace 7:
- 1280px × 800px - The native resolution of a 13'' Macbook Pro
- 1366px × 768px - The native resolution of an 11'' Macbook Air
We don't support editing your site with browsers in mobile devices. To edit your site from a mobile device, use our apps.
We support mobile browsers for viewing your site.
Viewing a Site
- iOS - iOS6+ is supported for both iPhones and iPads. Check your iOS version.
- Android - Devices running Jelly Bean 4.1+ are supported for viewing your site. The default Android browser isn't supported for viewing your site; mobile Chrome is supported. You can find out which version of Android you're using by visiting this site: Check your Android version.
Editing and Managing a Site
To edit your site on a mobile device, use our apps.
Minimum Requirements for Editing
The following settings must be configured on browsers used for editing:
- Cookies - Must be enabled to ensure login access.