Creating a Wedding Site (Workshop)
This 20 minute workshop video is designed to help newly engaged couples provide guests their wedding event details, create an RSVP form, link guests to online gift registries, and plan their travel. We will be covering:
- Things to prepare when building your site
- Creating your wedding site
- Personalizing your site style
Creating a Wedding Site
Things to Prepare
Your guests will visit your wedding website to view your wedding schedule and RSVP to the events they can attend, locate accommodations, and find your gift registries. Your website should also reflect your personalities, styles, and story.
Creating Your Wedding Site
Choose a Template
The template you choose should align with the style of you and your partner, and the palette of your wedding stationary or decorations. Some recommended templates for wedding sites include:
Add your Site Title and Tagline
Add your names and wedding dates to your site by in your Basic Information Settings. It's a great idea to put the information into the Tag Line field since it’s the single most important piece of information. On most templates, the tag line will display on every page.
Create Custom Pages
Add pages to your site navigation. Use content blocks to build your page:
- Use the Form Block to create an RSVP form on a new page.
- Use the Donation Block to collect gifts or funds for your honeymoon.
- Use Image Blocks to link company logos directly to your gift registry pages on those store sites.
- Showcase your favorite photos on a Gallery Page.
- Create your wedding weekend itinerary on an Event Page.
Personalizing your Site Style
While previewing a page, use the Style Editor to customize the fonts, styles, sizes, and colors for your site's elements. Use hexadecimal color codes to match your personal tastes, your paper invitations, or any themes you are planning for your big day! There are plenty of options to choose from to make your site as unique as you and your stories.
There's no limit to what you can do with your new site. Expand on these ideas and create something great! Tell your story: How you met, how you got engaged. Introduce the wedding party: Who’s who, and why they’re important to you.
Personalize your site and your domain -- every Squarespace site signed up for a yearly plan is eligible to register a new custom domain for free. And if you've already registered a domain somewhere else, we're happy to help you point it to your new Squarespace site. This site and domain are yours to keep, and grow with your new family. Provide your friends and family with updates on your experiences: How the wedding planning is going, post stories and photos from your honeymoon adventures, and update them on your soon-to-be family’s life.
- Using the Events Page
- Using the Image Block
- Using the Gallery Block
- Adding and Removing Content in a Gallery Page
- How should I format my images for display on the web?
- Using the Form Block
- Using the Map Block
- Creating a Text Link
- Making Style Changes
- Using the Donation Block
- Setting a Home Page
- Configuring Basic Information
- Registering a Domain with Squarespace
- Mapping a Domain (General Instructions)